Welcome to the first guest recipe on my blog, this great pizza recipe is brought to you by Shana from Shana’s Sourdough. If you are in the US and would like to find the equipment that I use to make my sourdough recipes, Shana is your person, PLUS she is a great baker and I’m happy to be able to share some of her recipes here too.
Note: Shana uses my master recipe as her starting point for making her dough.
This recipe for crispy sourdough pizza will tantalize your taste buds with its crispy crust, melted cheese, and your favorite toppings. The key to this crispy sourdough crust is simply adding a little extra butter. Follow these simple steps to create the perfect sourdough pizza every time.
- 350g water
- 100g starter
- 500g white bread flour
- 10g salt
- 60g room temperature butter
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Toppings of your choice
- Mix water, starter, white bread flour, salt, and butter in a bowl.
- Cover the mixture and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Perform 25 stretch and folds on the dough, cover, and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Perform two more sets of 6-8 stretch and folds, each time allowing the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Prove the dough for 8-10 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Spray the countertop with water to prevent the dough from sticking and divide it into two pieces.
- Shape the dough into round shapes with a wet bench knife.
- Cover the bottom of your cast iron with olive oil to prevent sticking and make the crust crispy.
- Lightly push the dough to the edge of the pan with oiled fingertips, allowing it to rest if the dough resists stretching.
- Cover the dough and rest for 30 minutes.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese directly onto the pizza dough.
- Add pizza sauce on top of the cheese.
- Add your desired toppings and more cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Bake one pizza at a time by placing it on the lower rack for 18 minutes.
- Then move it to the middle rack for 3-5 minutes for extra browning.
- Enjoy your delicious, crispy, and cheesy sourdough pizza!
‘Thanks for trying out this recipe from Shana’s Sourdough! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we do. If you’re looking for more delicious sourdough recipes or any other things sourdough, be sure to visit our site. We’ve got a wide variety of recipes and sourdough equipment to choose from, so you’re sure to find something you love. Thanks for visiting, and we hope to see you back”
Thank you Shana xx