I’m happy to share another great recipe from Shana, this one used my enriched recipe as it’s inspiration..if you try it, let me know!
Are you looking for a soft and tasty sandwich loaf that’s perfect for any meal? Look no further than this oatmeal buttermilk sandwich loaf recipe! By simply adding eggs, milk, and butter or oil, this bread is sure to be softer than your traditional sourdough loaf.
- 2 eggs
- 250g buttermilk
- 80g starter
- 500g flour
- 50g old fashioned oats
- 10g salt
- 40g sugar
- 60g room temperature butter
- On a scale, place your bowl and add two eggs. Slowly add in buttermilk until it reaches 350g. Mix together and leave out until room temperature (or you can slightly warm the buttermilk in the microwave).
- Add 80g starter, 500g flour, 50g old fashioned oats, 10g salt, and 40g sugar to the mixture and mix. If the dough seems too dry, add 10g water.
- Wait 1 hour, do 25 stretch and pulls
- Wait 30 minutes, do 6-10 stretch and pulls.
- Wait 30 minutes, do 6-10 stretch and pulls. Cover and wait till your dough has doubled. Keep dough covered between all the steps.
- When it has doubled (about 8 hours) put it out on a lightly floured surface and make into a rectangle. You can use a rolling pin or just your hands.
- Roll the dough up, folding in the sides if it’s getting longer than your loaf pan.
- Butter or line your loaf pan
- Pinch the seam and have a plate of oats ready. Dampen the top side with water and roll in the oats till covered. Place seam down in the loaf pan. Wait 2-3 hours for the dough to recover from shaping, until it fills out the pan.
- Bake at 375 on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Then tent with foil for 20 more minutes to stop the top from burning.
- Please ask questions, I am new to writing recipes and I am sure I have left out details. Enjoy!! Please tag me if you try this recipe🥰❤️
‘Thanks for trying out this recipe from Shana’s Sourdough! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we do. If you’re looking for more delicious sourdough recipes or any other things sourdough, be sure to visit our site. We’ve got a wide variety of recipes and sourdough equipment to choose from, so you’re sure to find something you love. Thanks for visiting, and we hope to see you back soon!”
2 thoughts on “Shana’s oatmeal buttermilk sandwich loaf..”
Can this go in the fridge for overnight retard?